Postdoctoral and Graduate Student Positions NO CURRENT OPENING
Potential postdoctoral fellows, graduate students and foreign graduate exchange students are invited to apply for positions by contacting Jean-Philippe Berteau directly by email email@example.com
Undergraduate Research Opportunities NO CURRENT OPENING
CUNY/CSI undergraduate students can apply for UROP positions in the Berteau Lab ONLY through the recommendation of their CSI/CUNY advisor or professor. See the CSI Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program web pages for detailed information about the UROP program. Fall and spring semester positions are available for credit only. Summer semester openings are not for credit.
Technical Assistants/Associates NO CURRENT OPENING
The Laboratory is seeking a highly motivated and self-sufficient “PART-TIME RESEARCH ASSISTANT” to join our team. The position entails assisting with research related to bone, osteoarthritis, and mechanical properties Using a variety of techniques such as biochemistry, traction/compression test, micro tensile test, histology, TEM, SEM to obtain a better understanding of the mechanical behavior of the biological tissue. 19 hours/week maximum at a rate of $20/hour
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Provide assistance to ongoing research studies (biochemistry, mechanical testing, bone preparation, data collection, statistical analysis, and administrative duties)
· Process and analyze data
· Maintain equipment and computer resources
· Participate in the preparation of abstracts and manuscripts for scientific publication.
· Assist in grant submissions, IRB applications, publications, etc.
· BS or MS in chemistry, chemical engineering, biomedical engineering/biomechanics or related scientific field
· Proficient in MATLAB programming (signal processing, image processing, data acquisition, etc)
· Experience using LC-MS, HPLC
· Strong computer and technical aptitude, with attention to detail.
· Excellent oral and written communication skills
· Ability to conduct standard statistical analyses
· Interpersonal skills to work effectively with patients, research subjects, team members, and project collaborators.
· Excellent critical thinking skills, ability to work independently
· Research experience and practical knowledge of research principles are required whether through the previous internship, work experience, or coursework.
For application please send resume + cover letter+ two references:
Jean-Philippe Berteau, PhD
Assistant Professor, Department of Physical Therapy